Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Semi-Formal Announcement

Hello Friends and Family!

I guess you have already put two and two together: I'm pregnant.

I didn't originally want to broadcast this news via the interwebs, but after a long list of pros and cons, I decided that this would be therapeutic and probably entertaining.

As a someone who suffers from Celiac Disease, I found that there were little places on web that discussed the nitty-gritty of having Celiac Disease and being pregnant. There are many websites designed to frighten pregnant women but I wanted a space for me to explore this experience rather than be terrified of it.
As my loyal readers, I hope you find this blog about more than just me complaining about not being able to have a Subway sandwich. If you know anyone at all who has Celiac Disease and is/has been pregnant and remained on a Gluten Free diet, I hope that you would share this with them. It should be a good time and although I can't offer any sage advice. The least I can do is commiserate and offer some super alternatives to being hungry and sad.

My experiences so far have been entertaining to say the least.
As I write this, I'm 13 weeks in and for the past 8 of those weeks, all I've wanted to eat is a footlong veggie sub from Subway. As anyone who has ever had a food craving fueled by hormones knows, often times the outcome of not getting what you want can be a bit messy. I haven't successfully run anyone holding a sandwich over with my car yet, but I hate to admit that it did cross my mind. (Pregnancy didn't make me this crazy; I've always been like this).
My amazingly supportive (and adorable) husband Alex, is probably suffering from this more than he could have imagined. Lucky for him, he doesn't have to do midnight runs to pick of a bucket of breaded fried chicken. He just has to live with the consequences of me not being able to eat it. For all of you who know him, please give him hug. The poor guy has dealt with a lot already and we aren't even halfway there.

As we go along, you will learn more and more about me. I hope that my stories inspire you and make you laugh. I will try to keep it lighthearted; I can cry at anything and its not fair to make you have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment