Monday, November 7, 2011

The pregnancy symptom the books will DEFINITELY not tell you about: Psychic Powers!

I would like to begin this post by formally congratulating our next-door neighbours. They welcomed their second child this past weekend. :)
He was supposed to be born the week after 'Peanut' but as we all know, this is an exciting world and he couldn't wait to come out and enjoy it.
'Peanut', on the other hand, is going to have to wait.  Once 'Peanut' comes out though, it will have an instant friend who lives just next-door.

The 'Peanut' update goes as such:
I'm in my 36th week; today is my final Body Attack class before I go on Maternity leave; I'm SUPER uncomfortable doing everything except eating; and I'm psychic.

Over the last couple weeks, I've been training two wonderful women who have been waiting the unfortunate news of their friend's mother who was in palliative care. While I was training Erika, I asked if she has heard any news on her friend's mother. Just as I asked, her cell phone rang and sure enough it was Jacqui (the other woman I train) delivering the heart-breaking news that the mother had passed away. I felt creepy for asking about her just a moment before but Erika was glad I was there for support and hugs. My condolences go out to both of my clients and their friend's family.
This strange psychic power didn't end there.
Believe it or not, I predicted that our neighbours had had their baby on Saturday night.

Alex and I were hanging out in the living room and watching the neighbourhood activities when we saw the neighbour's car pull into a parking spot without them in the car. The woman driving looked like one of their parents and I said to Alex, "they had the baby". He was skeptical. The parents' could have just been borrowing the car for the weekend. It wasn't until I saw the neighbour's daughter with her grandparents that I was 100% sure that (not only did I have special powers) but that the baby was born.
I get it. The whole scene did look obvious to me but it definitely didn't to Alex. He didn't think we needed to analyze the scenario that deeply. Who said anything about deep analyzation? I just made a prediction THAT WAS TRUE! Spooky.
Alex left me a note this morning confirming that the baby was born and THAT I WAS RIGHT!

Psychic powers are not (in my opinion) reliable or even something that I would strive to hone as a skill. Please don't ask me when you are going to die or what the future has in store. I feel like if my predictions are wrong then I will be lying to you and I don't want to do that.
Also, as weird as the last few days have been, I have no other explanation than to describe myself as psychic (even though I know I'm not).
If I was really psychic, then I would be able to predict 'Peanut's' arrival. I'm forecasting December 11th but I doubt it will be true (it better not be! I want this baby out NOW!) If it is, then you can come to me with your questions about the future and I will gladly bust out my crystal ball and let you know when the end is nigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment